Friday, January 20, 2012

Scholarly Attributes

I have attacked this wedding in the manner most familiar to me: Make it into a nerdy, scholarly research project!  I will research and research, with OCD precision!




I have been scouring like a mad woman online, soaking up knowledge like a sponge.  Again, Pinterest is a life saver/time destroyer.  If you haven't heard of it, think visual bookmarks in the form of inspiration boards.  So for example, for wedding dresses, anything I see online that I like, I can 'pin' that image onto my Wedding Dresses board on Pinterest.  And if you click on that image, it will take you back to the original web page.  And you can look at everyone else's board (and even follow them) on Pinterest as well.  I've seen people do fashion, recipes, inspirations, home projects, and of course, everything to do with weddings.

Please follow me and see the madness and time-vacuum that is my Pinterest!  It has everything wedding, plus a little of anything else that catches my fancy.

Here are some goals and bench marks I hope to reach by end of March 2012:

1) FIND A VENUE!  Finding a venue for the California part of the wedding will really clear things up for me such as having a formal date set and getting a starting idea of how to decorate.  I've researched a few places in Sac and have visited one, which scores a 7 out of 10 in terms of a perfect venue.  More on this on another post.  It has to be easily accessible, allow outside catering, flexible, relatively inexpensive, and LARGE!  I've only been seeing venues that hold up to 300 people, seated.  I would love to have capacity of 400-500, at the very least.
Ideally, it would have a nice outdoor area for the Western ceremony and an indoor reception hall so people won't have to go to a second location.

2) Find a photographer!  And I think we're on the brink of finding our perfect match!  I'm so excited and I don't want to jinx it, but hopefully within the next week or so we can lock this in and I can sing about it!

3) Get a preliminary guest list going.  Just to ball park how many people we're dealing with.

4) Lose 10 pounds in a healthy way!  The camera adds 10, right?  Also, I'm hoping to go to Hong Kong/China in March and I haven't been back in awhile, so I'd like to eat to my heart's content (and come back relatively unscathed).  I'm around 110 pounds and nearly 5 feet, so if I can keep to around 100 pounds by the time of the wedding, I should be good.

5) Get the wedding dress(es).  I'm hoping I'll be able to narrow down what I want in a wedding dress (both a white one and a cheong sam ) and can buy it at a fraction of the price in Hong Kong/China.  My mother has graciously offered to buy my Chinese dress!

6) Have a bridesmaids brain trust!  I have 1 Maid of Honor and 3 bridesmaid, but they are from all different parts of my life, so I'd love to get them all together, get to know each other, and talk out some of my preliminary plans and see what they have to say about it.  Also, it'll be ridiculously fun.

Well, that should be good for 2 1/2 months!

Journey out!


PS - I keep forgetting my url.  I keep wanting to type journeytothewest, journeytothecenteroftheearth, and even romanceofthethreekingdoms.  Books are your friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment