Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Shut Up and Take My Money! Annasul Y 2012 Qi Pao Wedding Dress

Due to my love of all things lovely and my crippling inability to purchase any of them, I give to you a new segment called: Shut Up and Take My Money!!!

For those of you that don't get the reference, it's from the brilliant show, Futurama:


Without further ado, here's the first installment!




Have you died yet? It's a qi pao/cheong sam inspired dressed with the high collar and cap-sleeves.  I actually don't know what the bottom of the dress looks like but...but...the lace!  That heart-shaped opening!  And the model is gorgeous - I love the subtle wash of red eyeshadow.  It reminds me of Chinese Opera makeup.

Ideal Bride Magazine describes the line as:

"Evoking the nonchalant charm of the bygone era, Annasul Y wedding gowns are renowned for their retro 20's ultra-glam design. Inspired by the quaint historical town of Harrogate, the designs impart an air of vintage demureness with modern sensuality.
Radiating the wedding blitheness, Annasul Y designs are not short of eccentricity for brides searching for non-traditional wedding gowns with innovative use of fabrics and creative beadings to exude the personality of each bride.
The 2012 collection shows the traditional French lace layered with the forwardly modern Italian lace to bring out the sophistication of the rich texture while affirming its antique accents. Elaborate and bold details of three-dimensional tulle flowers and crystal embellishments create an unforgettable statement for the bride."

If I had decided to do a fusion kind of wedding, where we'd only have one big mash-up ceremony, I'd definitely love to wear this dress.  I don't even know how much this costs but...



Dear readers, is there any wedding dress you'd absolutely just throw money at?

No comments:

Post a Comment